I'm going to be a Mother of the Bride or Groom, HELP, where do I start?
If you are anything like me, I spend my life in jeans and comfies and get stressed out if I have to 'dress up' for any occasion. However, since working in fashion for too many years to say! I have a few tips to help you on your journey to find an amazing outfit for the wedding day.
Well, where are we situated you ask?
All About Eve is located in the leafy suburb of Newport, Gwent steps away from Gold Tops and the Law Courts and Civic Centre area. Situated in a busy thoroughfare of quaint coffee shops and restaurants and a perfect spot to grab lunch or afternoon tea, after your appointment.
If you want to enjoy a couple of glasses of bubbly, we are only 5 minutes from Newport train station, however, if you have a nominated driver, we have a private car park to the rear of our boutique.
Our lovely Mother of the Bride's or Groom's, travel from far and wide from areas such as Cardiff, Bristol, Hereford, Ross on Wye, Swansea, Bridgend, Vale of Glamorgan, and of course Newport, as we have been offering these stunning wedding outfits for 18 years now.
What do we offer?
The Mother of the Bride and Groom department is situated on our ground floor, of our bridal boutique so very accessible, with its own beautiful, spacious and Mother of the Bride and Groom private fitting room.
We have over 300 stunning wedding outfits for you to choose from. At the height of the season, we carry up to 300 mother of the bride and groom wedding outfits, so lots of choices of sizes and styles.
Are you looking for a specific colour?
We offer soft colours, vibrant colours and also, classic timeless pieces and modern 'out there' too.
Our favourite Mother of the Bride, designers stocked here at All About Eve include, Veni Infantino, John Charles, Liza Bella, Condici, Ispirato, and Gabriella Sanchez. All of the Mother of the Bride and Groom designer's hand-picked fabrics are beautiful and feature, Mikado, soft floaty chiffons, plain fabrics, floral prints, and delicate lace to name just a few.
So, where do you start..........
Talk with the bride and the other Mum and discuss colour schemes, wishes, and themes and if there are any absolute No No's that the bride has requested. This could be 'No all ivory outfits, no trousers, I would like everyone to wear a fantastic hat'. This will give you a starting point. I would like to think that the Mother of the Groom may be gracious and let the Mother of the Bride, choose your outfit first, or even better, go shopping together. Make a day of it, have lunch, and a few glasses of bubbly!
So, you have an idea of what not to go for, but where do you begin now?
It is important to remember that designer Mum's outfits are usually only ordered twice a year, the main season arriving into stores between January and March and a small capsule collection arriving in September – October. To have the best choice of outfits and sizes, shop early. For a wedding anytime from January through to September, start shopping around January or February.
Once you make your appointment, your personal stylist will help and guide you on how to find that fabulous, show-stopping outfit, but also one that you will feel confident, comfortable, and amazing in and reflects your personality and style. I said to keep an open mind, so let our amazing stylists suggest a few outfits, they have been styling Mum's for many years and love doing what they do.
Ok, you have found your outfit, but 'I don't like hats!!'
From experience, when you put your wedding outfit on and then you are shown the matching hat or hatinator and you pop it on, it just finishes the whole look and makes you look and feel stunning.
The large hatinator's are great, because they give you the look of a hat, but the comfort of a fascinator.
Then when you have your hair and make up done, add your shoes, bag and jewellery, the look is complete.
So, in a nutshell...
- Talk to the wedding party about themes, colours, etc
- Do your research, look at our website, and screenshot your favorites
- Shop early, when the outfits come into store, it will be busy and we usually only have 1 outfit in each size, so when it is sold, we cannot get another one.
- I'm a plus size mom, will you have anything to fit me? We certainly will, we stock sizes 8 – 28 with selected styles in up to a size 32.
- But again, shop early as once the size is gone, we cannot re-stock this wedding outfit.
- We are a very relaxed store, we can pop open the bubbly, and our experienced stylists are down to earth and will help you find that wow outfit.
- Wear some really good underwear, it can make a difference in how an outfit will feel and look.
- Don't be tempted to buy from the high street, you want to be THE ONLY ONE in your outfit, you don't want to see a guest walking up the aisle in the same one!
- There is so much choice, mother of the bride outfits with jackets and just dresses with no jacket.
- Free convenient car parking.
- Private fitting suites.
- Your own stylist on hand to help you select the perfect wedding outfit for your special day.
We cannot wait to meet you soon. xxx