Terms and Conditions of Sale - Special order item to include Wedding Dresses, Accessories and Some Occasion Wear
1. All goods are made to order specifically for you and once this contract is signed, whether the item has been placed on order with our supplier or not, goods cannot be cancelled or any deposits refunded and all balances due must be paid within 7 days of items arriving in store.
2. Deposits cannot be transferred to other customers or goods (Sale of Goods Act 1979).
3. It is your responsibility to check all items thoroughly and you will be asked to sign to accept the items at each stage of the transaction, i.e. order arrives in store, first fitting, at any time the item leaves the store and then returns into store.
4. To order a Wedding Dress a non-refundable, 50% deposit is required. Accessories i.e. Veils, tiaras, Mother of the Bride, Occasion wear, must be paid for in full at time of order/collection. As per clause 1, we will not offer refunds at any time.
5. Delivery times vary considerably by designer, therefore we cannot issue a delivery date. Most designers quote 6 - 10 months, but sometimes, be prepared as your wedding dress may arrive early and the balance would be required within 7 days of arrival.
6. Wedding Dresses requiring special measurements ie. Shorter or longer length maybe subject to a surcharge, if it is known, this will be added to your order, however, if the designer does not let us know immediately, the surcharge will be added to your final balance.
7. Wedding Dresses are not made to measure, therefore dresses will need altering to fit you perfectly. The extent of alterations varies for each customer and therefore the cost of alterations are not included in the price of the dress/outfit.
8. As our gowns are not made to measure, your stylist will take bust, waist and hip measurements and compare your measurements to the designers size chart, for the best size for you. Please be aware, bridal sizing varies considerably from our UK high street sizing and in some cases you will need to go up one or two sizes. Your stylist can only advise you on the size best for you, the decision on which size must be made by you and signed for.
8a. If you purchase a Sale gown or sale outfit at a reduced price, any defects will be pointed out as time of sale and you will be asked to sign to accept the dress/outfit. No refunds, returns or exchanges will be allowed.
9. We do not have an in house seamstress, therefore alterations will be carried out directly at the seamstresses premises, this could be either their home, or studio. The details of all our seamstresses will be given to you and you can decide which one suits you and is closest to where you live. The seamstress will not be able to give you a quote for her work, until she sees the outfit on you. All charges are to be paid directly to the seamstress in cash, please.
10. Colours, shades of fabric, beading, trims and lace cannot be guaranteed and will vary according to batch and bolts of fabric.
11. Accessories not purchased at All About Eve can be tried on at your fitting appointment but at your own risk. All About Eve will not accept any responsibility for any damage caused.
12. When your wedding dress arrives in store from the designer, it will go through our very strict quality control and then we will contact you to come into the store to try on. Our suppliers only give us 7 days to return a gown, so it is very important that you make every effort to come in within this time scale. We avoid Saturdays for an initial try on, as you can imagine it does get very busy and we want to make sure we keep your wedding dress pristine. Please do not apply fake tan during the run-up to your first try on. Please ask any guests you bring along, not to touch the wedding dress, or bring drinks along with them. Your stylist will wear white gloves whilst dressing you.
13. We advise your first fitting with the seamstress takes place around 6 to 10 weeks before your wedding date, the seamstress will guide you with the number of fittings you will need. Please bare in mind, you can sometimes need up to 4 fittings, to ensure your gown fits perfectly. You will need to take your shoes, and bridal petticoat with you to the fitting and please wear the actual bra you are going to wear on your special day, as bra fittings can vary considerably.
14. All About Eve cannot be held responsible for a wedding dress not fitting, due to changing shape, medication or any other reason.
15. In the event of a wedding being cancelled, the gown must be paid for in full and collected within 2 weeks. Any items not collected will incur storage charges at a rate of £10 per item per month. We advise all brides to take out adequate Wedding Insurance.
16. Due to copyright laws, we would ask you to not take photographs or film, please ask your stylist for further advice.
17. A charge of £40 will be added to your order at the point of purchase to cover storage and insurance for your gown whilst instore. However, if you wish to collect your gown on its arrival the £40 will not be charged.